Gilakas’la – Have a wonderful summer!

Gilakas’la

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the parents and community members who have shown their support of North Island Secondary School students in a variety of ways. It has been a positive year at North Island Secondary School.

We thank you for your support at so many events including fundraisers, your donations of time, financial support, coaching sports, mentoring work experience, and the countless hours you put in behind the scenes helping students. Your generosity truly makes a difference in the lives and learning of our youth.

Congratulations to our noon hour supervisors Mrs. Christina Hinton and Mrs. Sue Jorgenson on a well-deserved retirement. Also farewell to Ms. Aimee Martin who has completed her teaching contract this year at our school. We wish you all well on your new life adventures.

As I have been seconded to the Ministry of Education beginning next year, I would like to take an opportunity to thank you all for the support over the past nine years that I’ve had the pleasure of being at North Island Secondary School.

To everyone who has been involved with North Island Secondary School during the 2018 -2019 school year, in any way, Gilakas daxwla gaxsa’xwaxus dławige’ gaxanuxw (Thank you for supporting us) thank you for your contributions.

Have a wonderful summer!

-Mr. Jay Dixon

Principal